I have previously posted about weekly organization and what works for you. I have been using my “How Do I Do It?” Planner and it’s been working great.
Here is what a page looks like before I write all over it.
Here is a typical week. This week was even kind of tame.
Here is what is on my list every week
- What’s for dinner – typically planned on Saturday or Sunday so we only have to grocery shop once
- When I’m going to go running – love the Couch to 5k training program
- When Jack get’s a bath – not that I forget to do this (mommy brain) but it helps plan out the rest of the night
- What blog posts I want to accomplish that week – this was one of them!
- What projects I want to accomplish that week – this week it’s getting some Calendars made to get a jump start on Christmas gifts
My theory is if I don’t write it down it doesn’t get done. I take this literally. It has something to do with mommy brain, yes it really does exist. Also, I feel much more accomplished if I can cross it off. So with that said, I write down everything from what we are having for dinner to when Jack’s baths are. I typically don’t write down everyday tasks like doing dishes or putting away laundry, those go on their own list.
As you have probably already figured out I am the queen of lists. I have always loved them as much as all of my journals and pens. It has been an obsession since I was little. Hence the blog name J