Happy Day 20: It’s project day (and also my birthday) and I thought that it would be fun to tie in some of the elements we have used in the cards and the other projects we have done. This project can be a fun family project or something to surprise the kids with. It should take you under 2 hours.
Things you will need:
- White Cardstock to print on
- 12×12 piece of cardstock. Preferably a lighter color so you can write on it
- Double Sided tape, tape runner, or other type of adhesive
- X-Acto knife or Share Scissors
- Clear Contact Paper
Print the following 8×8 template on a heavy white cardstock
Do not cut out the 8×8 page. It will be easier to laminate this way. 🙂
Place sheet face down on clear contact paper
Cut off excess contact paper
Trim down to the 8×8 page
Cut out 3 sides of each of the “days” using a sharp scissors or an X-acto knife
Once all of the “days” are cut out use a tape runner or glue on as much of the back as possible to adhere to another piece of cardstock
Trim Cardstock to make a nice boarder. I used Grey shimmer cardstock that was originally 12×12
Add fun family things or sayings to each of the days using a marker and then your project is complete
I hope you enjoyed this project. There are lots of variations.
- You could cut out the whole square and fasten using brads.
- You could add stickers for each day instead of writing something
- Use a string or ribbon and hang from either adhesive on the back or punch holes in the backing cardstock.
Thank you for visiting. Be sure to like my facebook page: The Organization Maven
Get ready for more cards on Monday – Friday!!!