I am still trying to figure out the best way to organize my desk. I still haven’t found the best configuration and I don’t know if I ever will, unless I win the lottery and then I will get something like this.
So with that, I have to have tricks that are not super expensive so that when I decide to change my mind again I don’t break the bank.
Here is my desk today
- Magnetic strips added to the side of anything makes for great extra storage. These are readily available everywhere. I attached them to the desk by using double sided foam squares. Makes it easy to detach them as well if you decide to get rid of your desk or move, which I do so often.
- The cups on the right are great easy access storage for paper clips, binder clips, and other small objects
- Calendar – to figure out dates if necessary
- Dry erase board – to write quick notes or to do lists
- Memo board – to hold invitations, other loose pieces of paper that you need to keep track of
The Importance of the BIN:
- Bins are easy storage that still looks good and keeps you organized. These bins aren’t too big or too small so that they don’t get too heavy and I can keep track of what’s in each bin. As you can see these are kind of overflowing, hey I have alot of stuff. 🙂
So how did I keep the costs down?
- TIP: Kohl’s student lounge section is fantastic, especially when it’s all 60% off and you have a coupon and Kohl’s cash to spend. That is where I got the bins and the french memo board.
- I got the magnetic strips at the container store but I know Target has something like it. They weren’t that expensive at the Container store and they have been through many different desk configurations. They are sturdy, do not bend etc making it worth the investment.
- The Calendar/White board combo was a Creative Memories product, but places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joann sell items similar.
Hope you enjoyed tonight’s post. Hope everybody has a fabulously organized weekend.
Be sure to like my Facebook page to get in on the action of the new Ahni & Zoe by Creative Memories launching later this month!!! The Organization Maven
Have a good night!!!