This week is surely the calm before the storm for a lot of people. While we have started Christmas shopping we are nowhere close to done. As the holidays approch with a fierceness it’s very easy to get overwhelmed with all of the things you want to do. The best advice I can give you is to PRIORITIZE Here is a list of things to keep in mind when you are getting ready for the holidays to keep them as stress free as possible.
- Write it down: Write down EVERYTHING you need to do. It will be WAY easier to prioritize if it’s on paper than in your head. Face it if it’s just in your head it’s never going to get done because this is the time of year to get side tracked and flustered VERY EASY. Don’t try to be Super Memory Person this time of year.
- Deadlines?: If there is something you need by a certain date, crank that out first. Things like ordering gifts, whether they are personalized, a photo gift, or something that takes some time produce, get it done early. You will feel good that you crossed it off your list. Also, you will probably save some money because most places are running deals early so they have less of a mad rush to produce things for customers. Remember overnight shipping costs an arm and a leg (litterally)
- What’s it for?: Its it for a gift, a meal, or just a nice to have. Think about the end result. If it’s a gift or something easy and non-perishable. Get it out of the way. So what if it clutters your house for a little while. What do you think the Holiday decorations are doing? But if you stash it somewhere, REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT IT!!! Again, Write It Down.
- Shopping list: If you are going into a store you better have a list because with all of the distractions, holiday music, and all of the people running around you are going to get side tracked and forget why you are there and then way overspend you $ and come out with nothing that was on your list. Key to shopping during the holidays FOCUS!!
- Coupons: There is no reason to save even more $ while saving $ holiday shopping. You are going to get innundated with coupons. USE THEM!!! That’s what they are there fore, but again stay Focused on why you are in there and don’t get sucked into “I can buy this extra thing because I have a coupon”.
- Recepits: Have a spot ready before you go out for receipts and gift receipts so that in case you have to return anything it makes it way easier on EVERYBODY!!! Service desk people at your favorite store included!!!
These are just a couple of things to keep in mind during the very very very busy holiday season, but by employing a couple of things to keep you organized it will keep your stress level down and myself included a lot less grumpy!! 🙂
Have a great Monday everybody!! Be back later in the week with more posts: Lots going on in the next couple of weeks!!!