The January 2014 issue of Real Simple Magazine has really been an inspiration to my organized life.
One Article in particular talked about the 9 Rules of Balanced Organizing
I mean really? An article that is just one page tells a lot!!!! Here are the 9 mantras
- One in, one out: Whenever something enters your home, give another item the boot.
- Thou shalt not transfer clutter: Don’t bury the den to save the dining room
- Just (to) do it: Consolidate all your to-do items into a single check-list, whether on your phone or on your refrigerator.
- A to Z (not A.D.D): Fix one spot start to finish rather than jumping around from mess to mess
- Keep it where you use it: Stash toner with the printer, chandelier bulbs in the dining-room console
- Have a place for nothing: Aim to create one empty cabinet, shelf, or drawer in each room. It’s your backup spot when the balance tips. (and it will tip)
- Make Labels, not war: Mark shelves, bins, and boxes so everyone in your home can help put things away.
- Doubles are trouble: You don’t need two can openers or five pairs of tweezers. Toss duplicates
- Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again: Organizing is a circle, not a straight line. Roll with it.
What mantras are you going to live by? Remember to keep it simple don’t try to do everything at once that only leads to burn out (it’s the same with diet and weight loss people!)
Have a great rest of your week!!!!!