So…Much…Purging. It’s crazy to think about how much stuff we have accumulated over the course of 15 months, how much stuff we moved the last time and now much stuff I REFUSE to move again. Needless to say, black garbage bags are my friend the last couple of days, that and my shredder. I have also come to terms that I am a bit of a notebook hoarder!! It’s sad, but it’s true. It goes along with the name of the blog after all, but I really need to stop moving so many notebooks, just so then I can go and buy more. Is there a meeting for Paper Hoarder’s Anonymous ??
Ok so here is where we stand on the AGENDA
- Find a job – CHECK
- Find somewhere to live – CHECK
- Schedule moving truck – CHECK
- Start purging and figuring out what we need to pack so we can figure out the supplies – IN PROCESS
- Organize into Move, Sell, Toss categories. And….GO
- Get all necessary supplies, thank goodness I work for a wholesale distributor of that kind of stuff. Can get it way cheaper and in bulk. – Shockingly enough Office Max saved the day with their brand banker’s boxes and coupons!!! Saved a Ton of $$$
- Start Packing – IN PROCESS
- Keep Packing – KEEP GOING
- Yup, it never ends
- Take a break and spend some time with family and the Milwaukee Brewers
- Get the truck and start loading
- Next afternoon – we are off.
I have a couple more projects I want to get through the next couple of days. Such as “Operation, get the paper onto my computer, it’s lighter” and “Operation, I’m not a traditional crafter so I don’t need all of these supplies”. The latter is underway and some great ladies I hooked up with may be buying most of my stuff. I would rather get it to somebody cheap and know they are going to use it than throw it out so I don’t have to move it. Scrapbooking and Card-making is an expensive hobby, so if I can help somebody else out it’s totally worth it.
Today I sold my Sizzix, remember I was going to make it big with my jersey cards. Yeah that didn’t work by the way. But the lady that bought it off me, for a great deal, is using it at her crop events in McHenry IL, where they supply all of the equipment and all of the proceeds from the event go to Relay for Life. It’s awesome and I am so happy that I could contribute!!
Okay going to go and throw out some more crap before we have to go and get the kid. Also hoping to get some new wedding invitation designs up early this week on my Etsy shop (CLICK HERE) Have a great Sunday everybody.