Well, here we go. After a couple of months of plotting and planning and a hundred of resumes later, we are finally making the big move to New York. No we are not moving to the city, that’s just crazy. But, believe me we will be visiting there often.
So the point of this series is to chronicle our move. Partially so that I remember everything that happened while we were moving for scrapbook purposes. Also, to show that as long as you are organized it doesn’t matter how far you are moving or the fact that you have to do it in about two weeks. 🙂
- Find a job – CHECK
- Find somewhere to live – well…waiting until after the holiday weekend to see if we got an apartment. FINGERS CROSSED!
- Schedule moving truck – will do once we know for sure we have a destination, but quotes have been done.
- Start purging and figuring out what we need to pack so we can figure out the supplies
- Organize into Move, Sell, Toss categories. And….GO
- Get all necessary supplies, thank goodness I work for a wholesale distributor of that kind of stuff. Can get it way cheaper and in bulk.
- Start Packing
- Keep Packing
- Yup, it never ends
- Get the truck and start loading
- Next afternoon – we are off.
So then while doing all of this stuff, don’t worry I will keep you updated on the progress. There are all of the other things that I want to try to get done before we leave so then I don’t have to worry about it when we get out there and I have to start work.
- Find a Daycare for kid
- Car insurance
- How to get our leased car registered
- Sell my car before we leave
I already have a written list for this, I will keep you updated on this one too.
I am always up for a good challenge. Hoping that this will translate into some weight-loss too. 🙂 I like to forget to eat when I am in a zone.
If there are any readers out there that have any tips for long distance moves PLEASE COMMENT!!!!! I will take all of the advice I can get!
Will send an update soon!!!!!